Friday, January 4, 2008

2008 Goals For A Micro Limit Donkus

Little bit of a grueling session today, another 4-500 hands where I didn't get anything fantastic. AK a couple times and QQ (which actually won a nice pot). The theme of the day was aggro-donkery. Seriously. I was 5-tabling and 3 of my tables had someone running 60/30/5 or higher. One of my tables had a guy running 90/70/4!!!! (I busted him out of almost every chip he brought to that table). I was immediately on his left and I was able to just cruify him (or rather, let him crucify himself) every time I got the smallest piece of a flop. This guy would lead all 3 streets and fold to any kind of a raise on the river. Twice I had a hand and he folded, once I didn't, and he folded that one too. I love players like this. As long as they don't combine their aggrodonkery with lucksackhood. That's a leathal combination right there.

I can't remember any big pots today. Just lots and lots of 2-4$ pots.

Long story short, I picked up another 2.5 buyins to close within 3 buyins of where I was before the massacre from two weeks back. Yay! Want to get some MTTs in this weekend, hopefully.


But yes!! Tis the season for resolutions in the bloggiverse, and I'm not one to miss out on what all the cool kids are doing, so here goes! My resolutions are:

1. Quit smoking. So far so good. I've been an antsy motherfucker the last few days, but it's getting better.

2. Increase bankroll enough to be rolled for 50NL (30 buyins) by the end of the year. This is huge for me because the thought of having a 1500$ bankroll is disgustingly arousing. Wierd, I know.

3. Final table at least one major MTT. This one doesn't seem too rediculous. I don't have time to play the big MTTs very often, but when I do I typically play fairly well, and of course I keep trying to learn to be better.

4. Run at 10BB/100 hands or better in all cash levels. (Currently ~12.5 in 10NL). I'm honestly not very familiar with this number, so I don't know how acheivable this is. Just from having looked at my stats it seems like something I should be able to attain if I play a solid game.

5. Keep learning to deal with beats - especially beats late in a tournament.

6. Increase readership. I know I have a few fans out there who pop by in the comments section from time to time. I love hearing from all of you, and feel free to paste a link up on your blog if you hand one, and I'll gladly link you back. We're all in this together! Bloggers unite! Haha.


It's a pretty short list, but for a college student who plays 2-3 times a week for 1-3 hour sessions, it should still be a challenge. I'll keep ya up to date on progress.

Current Bankroll: $229
Target Bankroll: $1,500

Got some work to do :)

No comments: