Thursday, August 9, 2007

Back to earth

Ending Bankroll: 627$ [ Down 43$ ]

So the hot streak came to an end pretty quick. Tried another 25 NL session late last night and went totally dry 3-tabling for an hour. Got hurt overplaying AT again twice (thought I learned my lesson with that hand...ugh). Other than that, no hands to speak of. No sets, no big pairs, and the pairs that I did find were brutally outflopped.

Tried short MTT's tonight for a change without any success. Busted quickly in the first when the 4 handed table (triple shootout, thin attendance) dealt me a whole lot of nothing over the first 5 orbits, and the blinds climbed fast enough that by the 4th orbit I was getting caught making moves and busted out when my A4 push woke up AT. Oops.

Next!

2nd go was a double shootout. I'm pretty sure I can beat these if I get more familiar with them. I just seem to try to move too fast for the first table... In a brief intermission, today is one of those days where I can't seem to flop to a bloody thing. The only time I won hands was when I was in the BB and flopped something and caught my opponents trying to steal. When I got hands like AQ/KK, I got them OOP, with limited action. KK folded around. AQ got a brutal Jragrag flop all soooooted (neither of my cards matched) and I had to check/fold...(fucker overbet all in

Hands like this describe my evening pretty well.


Table 57348630 6 10-max Seat #10 is the button
Seat 4: FL0P TIME (665 in chips)
Seat 7: crushmastac (2005 in chips)
Seat 9: Huasmack (2360 in chips)
Seat 10: fong9999 (3970 in chips)
FL0P TIME: posts small blind 15
crushmastac: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to crushmastac [Ac Js]
By far in a way my biggest hand of the tourney. As soon as I get them I eyeball the SB. He's been making a lot of moves due to his short-stackedness and I think he might try something on me here with nothing
Huasmack: folds
fong9999: folds
FL0P TIME: calls 15
crushmastac: raises 120 to 150
Make the raise a little larger than I normally would
FL0P TIME: raises 515 to 665 and is all-in
Bingo. The trap is sprung. Snap call.
crushmastac: calls 515
*** FLOP *** [2c 8c As]
*** TURN *** [2c 8c As] [4s]
*** RIVER *** [2c 8c As 4s] [3c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
FL0P TIME: shows [5c 4c] (a flush, Eight high)
crushmastac: shows [Ac Js] (a pair of Aces)
FL0P TIME collected 1330 from pot
crushmastac said, "nh.."


Isn't it true that of suited hands, you'll only find a flush 15% of the time or something like that? It amazes me how often people find a 4-flush on me when we get in preflop, and then make it on the turn or river. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I truly hate the flush. It is not my friend.

I didnt get any cards after that and busted 4 orbits of card deadness later.

Last try, STT 9 handed. Playing solid. Chipping up very, very slowly by making simple plays with rags when my opponents limped and got pushy postflop with their missed AJ/KQ/etc and my middle pair was good, etc. At around ~1600 in chips and with the blinds only 25/50 I raised to 200 from the button with KT. We're 6-handed at this point and my image is pretty tight so far so I think I might either just take the blinds or play my position postflop. Instead, the BB jams for 1400 and I tank for a bit. He's shown a lot of prf aggression and hasn't played many pots. It looks like a classic re-steal. I figure I'm doing pretty good against his range and make the call and he finds JJ. No miracle and I'm shortstacked. Busto 3 hands later when the blinds jumped to 50/100 and I was in ATC mode and AT > Ax.

So I've taken enough punishment for a day and a half. I'll regroup and try again some time...

I'm on vacation as of Saturday, and won't be back till the following Saturday. Unlikely any poker will be played that weak *sheds a tear*

No comments: