Monday, August 6, 2007

I still suck at MTT's

The jynx hasn't let up. Thank god I'm finally profitable in cash. Playing a few PStars MTT's and so far AK had missed 3 times and calling stations have bet at me, so duh, fold. All my AJ's, AQ's, KQ's are getting 3 or 4 bet by the next best hand. Pocket pairs can't hold against 1 overcard.

Also, props to me for being the honorary bubble boy at the CardPlayer weekly. Managed to build up the chiplead twice, only to squander it by overplaying my dreadful lack of cards.

My play is slipping a little in MTT's... I can feel it. Every time I think I've gotten over being steamed by bad beats, I go on a streak a little longer than the last one I got over all those weeks ago and everything's hitting the fan.

So I'm conciously going to try to keep my body temperature down, grind out a few solid games, stop playing position early. Save positional play for later in the blind levels and stop trying to fool donks who call with K3 to a 5x BB raise. Etc...

Wow, as I write this is happened again. JQs, late position. I bring it in for 120 (4 BB's) .. first hand I've played in 2 orbits. Anyone paying ANY attention knows I'm a tightwad. Flop comes 8 high with none of my suite and the calling station in the BB leads for the pot... *deep breath*

Trying to keep it together.

Not doing very well at this particular moment in time.

No comments: