Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A big night: Bankroll peaks

Ending Bankroll: $671 [ Up 99$ ]

Yeeehaw. Today was fun. Started playing some cash, have now played almost 3000 hands of 25NL, over which I'm up 6 buy-ins and have a +11BB/100h. No doubt I'm on the high side of variance right now, but hey, I'll enjoy it while I can. The NL today got me about 60$ of the profit. There were two big hands, the remaining 10$ was small pots here and there.


Table Gabriella II 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: crushmastac ($36.80 in chips)
Seat 2: Max_2100 ($25 in chips)
Seat 3: FullTiltDJ ($14.70 in chips)
Seat 4: minet@minet ($11.45 in chips)
Seat 5: ICUTEX ($13.15 in chips)
Seat 6: chrisT18 ($25 in chips)
chrisT18: posts small blind $0.10
crushmastac: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to crushmastac [8d Ad]
chrisT18: calls $0.15
crushmastac: checks
*** FLOP *** [Th Jh 7d]
Meh
chrisT18: bets $0.50
This guy had been betting a lot with air, so I was curious to see a turn with my gutshot + over.
crushmastac: calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [Th Jh 7d] [3d]
chrisT18: bets $1
crushmastac: calls $1
I know this is a bad call. But with the NFD + gutty, I couldn't help myself.
*** RIVER *** [Th Jh 7d 3d] [9d]
Ohhh... Now hope he's got something big
chrisT18: bets $2.25
crushmastac: raises $10.25 to $12.50
He's probably going to put me on bluffing a missed heart draw
chrisT18: raises $10.25 to $22.75
He should have called, but I'll take it ...
crushmastac: raises $10.25 to $33
chrisT18: calls $0.50 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
crushmastac: shows [8d Ad] (a flush, Ace high)
chrisT18: shows [Td Jd] (a flush, Jack high)
Turns out he was trying to bet low to get chips with his huge flopped top two, and I caught two rediculous runners to smash flush over flush.
crushmastac collected $47.55 from pot


And then there's this one, which was a surprisingly difficult decision because of how I played it. Of course, if you read the CP forums, you already know how this goes...


Table Florentina II 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: jerry23847 ($5.45 in chips)
Seat 2: jaguar1230_9 ($25 in chips)
Seat 3: DaNevadaKid ($38.65 in chips)
Seat 4: crushmastac ($24.75 in chips)
Seat 5: heyitsgeoff ($24.95 in chips)
Seat 6: kdm0505 ($31.15 in chips)
crushmastac: posts small blind $0.10
heyitsgeoff: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to crushmastac [7h 7d]
jerry23847: raises $0.25 to $0.50
crushmastac: calls $0.40
Shoulda repopped it...
heyitsgeoff: calls $0.25
*** FLOP *** [9h 6s 7s]
Bit of a scarey flop... But the 7 is always nice to see
crushmastac: checks
heyitsgeoff: checks
jerry23847: bets $4.95 and is all-in
crushmastac: calls $4.95
Didnt think that geoff would be interested in this pot
heyitsgeoff: raises $19.50 to $24.45 and is all-in
But he certainly is...
crushmastac said, ":("
crushmastac: calls $19.30 and is all-in
I figure I've got redraws if he's got 8T or a huge FD, and pray he doesnt have 99.
*** TURN *** [9h 6s 7s] [6d]
Nice...My hand must be good now...?
*** RIVER *** [9h 6s 7s 6d] [Ah]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
crushmastac: shows [7h 7d] (a full house, Sevens full of Sixes)
heyitsgeoff: mucks hand
crushmastac collected $36.70 from side pot
jerry23847: mucks hand
crushmastac collected $15.55 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Seat 1: jerry23847 mucked [9s Ac]
Seat 4: crushmastac (small blind) showed [7h 7d] and won ($52.25) with a full house, Sevens full of Sixes
Seat 5: heyitsgeoff (big blind) mucked [8h Th]
So he did have the nuts .. waddaya do. Oh, and jerry just didn't like money.


The rest was a lot of up and down, but worked out nice.

Then later in the day I played some 5$ STT Sng's. Signed up for a quick 3. The first one was the slowest, the 3rd was the fastest. It only took 80 hands to win the 3rd one. I got heads up with the chiplead fairly quickly and my opponent (who had to suck out numerous times to get there) was out quickly. The 2nd SNG finished 2nd, after 97 hands. I was out in 3rd after I lost a race with a tilting player 88 < A9, the very next hand he raised OTB with QT and I repopped all in from the BB with KQ. I was suited in clubs, he in spades. The board ran off 3 spades and I was done. Boo.

The 1st took 142 hands to finish, and I'm the happiest about taking down. I won this one by steamrolling the table when we hit the bubble. When the bubble hit, I was 3rd stack with ~2300. Stacks were 4000,3000,2300,2000...roughly. I saw people tightening up so I opened up like a monster. 20 hands later I was sitting on 6500, the next closest stack was 2800. It got a little closer when one player played back at me at a couple good times to get almost even. Then he took out the #3 stack to take the chip lead and I took out the #4 stack to get to a HU battle, him with ~7500, me with ~6300. He had demonstrated across the two tables I'd watched him at (he was in the 3rd one that I placed 1st) that he was a very solid player. He was too tight and I took advantage of it when I could. When I got him down to 7500 - 6000 or so, he started getting pushy. I made one big re-steal that got it to 9500 - 3500, and then he open shoved OTB with K3 and I hummed and hawed and finally called with A2 and held to take it down.

So up 60$ in cash, two first places and one third for 3 / 3 cashes in 5$ STT's.

All in a day's work .. haha

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I can't help but to post on here. You sound so arrogant for a nl25 player. Saying how you "should have repopped it" etc etc, like you actually know what you're talking about. You obviously watch way too much poker on tv and read too many forums to think that you are actually a good player. Experience is simply a much better way of becoming a good player than forums/tv etc.

Ken C said...

It was a brag post. I had a good day. Thanks for noticing :) Let me put it this way ... I've been playing for about a year and a half. I was a slightly above break-even player. Nothing huge. I started reading poker forums and blogs about 2 months ago. Since then, my profitability has skyrocketed, and I've more then quadrupled my net profits and feel more confident about my game than ever.

What do you play, and who are you to judge me?

Thanks for reading!

whatyouknow45 said...

haha I want negative comments. :( *jealous*
I personally enjoy your blog.

Ken C said...

hate and fan mail! wow, this blog is totally worth it now haha :D Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Dood, that hand where you runner runnered the nut flush was so hilarious. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post that on CP so I can hear comments. AHHAHAHAHA, You made my day a little bit better. Post it on CP and title it "The insites of a fish" or "Ever wonder what the moron on the other end was thinking when he 1%ed you"

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't have repopped it w/ 77, dont be too results oriented about getting it in behind. You can't fold 77 there. And, saying the guy w/ A9 "hates money" is just dumb. TPTK is usually good enough to get it in at these stakes, besides that he only had $5, not really sure what you think he's supposed to go in with. Yeah, he did make a huge over bet but with his small stack there's no getting away from TPTK.

Ken C said...

I said A9 didn't like money because overbetting that huge is only going to get called by hands that have TPTK crushed. If he had lead with a pot size bet, and then I raise behind, and other play 3-bets all in, he has information that could have saved him 5$. Being first to act and throwing it all in the pot is lighting money on fire.

As for the runner runner flush, you're folding to an aggressive player making small bets on a board where we can make a better pair, a back door flush, AND a straight? I know I didn't have quite the odds for making those alls, but for the opponent I was against, I was willing to take a shot.

Thanks for your comments

Loretta8 said...

I find it kind of amusing that people feel the need to post anonymously. If you want to call the man out have some stones and post your name along with it.