Friday, August 10, 2007

I run goooooot

Ending Bankroll: 544$ [ Down 83$ ]

Easy come, easy go right?

Wow.

6-handed 25NL just welcomed me with a dull thud.

And it wasn't (mostly) for a lack of bad play... I lost 10$ being an idiot and getting aggressive with a half-stack that had AA, then I played a set of Q's into a set of A's (AQx flop), then I tried to stack-a-donk with QQ, but he outran me with KT. Then I ran TT into AcQc with a flop of 3 rags, 2 clubs. QQ lost 3 times. AQs lost twice. KK folded around. It wasn't for a lack of cards, or a lack of playing. Ever card I touched just turned to ice and stabbed me right in the eye.

So I very, very quickly dropped almost a hunny, which is ghastly for a lowly college student such as myself. I kept thinking "Am I on tilt? ...No. I'm playing fine...I'm just getting set up over and over..." and that if I kept playing solid I'd be able to take my stacks back from a lot of the loose donks that were at my tables.

My reads were good, everything was swell. I just ran good into better, and huge into monster.

Whaddaya do, right??

Guess I picked a good time to go on holiday. A seven day break from cards will be nice.

No comments: