Monday, August 20, 2007

Blehhh .. so much time for so little (MTT brief rant)

Ending Bankroll: 572$ [ Down 27$ ]

I tell ya, nothing sucks more than playing a low buyin MTT with 1600 people, running solid to the final 100, then running into a lot of tough spots and minor beats and finally going out in 53rd for a whopping 4$ profit. (It was a 2$ buy-in, yes, I know .. I'm poor okay).

The play was so bad for the most part until the final bits, then the play was horrible until I wanted a piece of the hand. The only reason I survived as long as I did was because AA kept showing up every time I tried to go on tilt and I'd win a huge pot. I had the tourny chip lead for a good 20 minutes around the start of the 3rd hour. And I tried to play it aggressively, and sometimes it worked, but a lot of the time I found people were playing back at me, and making really good plays / reads at me. It's frustrating when that happens when you know 95% of the field is donktastic.

I finally met the end when I raised with KQ from the SB and the BB flat called. Flop came KJx and I lead, the BB jammed, and I called (doy?). He, of course, had made the masterful slowplay of AK. GG me.

Right now I need to go to bed and stop thinking about how frustrating this was ... Might come back with some HH's on my next post. There were a few that warrant some debate.

Later days...

No comments: