Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Blech. I can be such a donkey.

Roll: $763 + $26x1 = $789 (It was $845 this morning .. *sad face*)

I started off the day running badly but playing well, and finished the day playing piss poor and still running bad.

I jumped out to an early chiplead in a 10$ KO tourney with ~600 entrants. Then things started to slow down, but I stayed in the top 20 in chips. Then I lost a massive race with ... you guessed it, the dreaded ladies vs AK. K on the turn was good. So instead of vaulting back into a dominant chiplead (villain had almost the same amout of chips as me), I'm crippled and donk out a few hands later.

QQ also lost another huge pot in another tourney when I couldn't fend off JT's 5 outs when we got the money in on a jack high flop.

I finished the day making a couple donktacular moves. In an 8$x18 Token SNG, I decided (when I had the #3 chipstack) that it would be fun to call all in vs the chipleader when I raised KQ in MP and he called in LP. The Q high flop saw us get it in, and AQ railed me, when I probably could have easily coasted to a token. Dumb stuff.

Twice I overplayed 99. Once I don't think it was that bad. CO opened for 3x, I shoved my 13bb stack and he beat me into the pot with JJ. Pretty standard there, I think. The second overplaying was totally avoidable. An EP tightwad makes it 3x. He's running about 12/8, and the last time he opened in EP (for the same raise), he ended up running over someone with KK. So I decide to shove my 15BB stack into him from the CO, it folds to him and he snaps it off with - again - JJ.

Another day of losing a lot of races and running a lot of pairs into bigger pairs. Some of it was my fault. Some of it wasn't.

I leave you with one of the only times I've attempted a slow play in the last few days. You have to figure that most of the hands calling my raise haven't connected with this flop, and holy HELL do ya gotta like it if you're me. I'm still angry at myself for not betting the flop.

Full Tilt Poker Game #5326760343: $5 + $0.50 Tournament (40412543), Table 27 - 30/60 - No Limit Holdem - 1:32:34 ET - 2008/02/20
Seat 1: CRAFT-Club 5 (1,645)
Seat 2: LeonardWashingt (1,125)
Seat 3: CheckinMyAA (2,585)
Seat 4: DaToken (2,250)
Seat 5: PageUpV (3,675)
Seat 6: scoop you (1,280)
Seat 7: Mardy Mar (1,815)
Seat 8: finishing1st (1,755)
Seat 9: willy3006 (4,395)
PageUpV posts the small blind of 30
scoop you posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CheckinMyAA [Kc Ac]
Mardy Mar folds
finishing1st folds
willy3006 calls 60
CRAFT-Club 5 folds
LeonardWashingt folds
CheckinMyAA raises to 240
CRAFT-Club 5 is sitting out
DaToken folds
PageUpV calls 210
scoop you folds
CRAFT-Club 5 has returned
willy3006 calls 180
*** FLOP *** [5c Ah 2c]
PageUpV checks
willy3006 checks
CheckinMyAA checks
*** TURN *** [5c Ah 2c] [5h]
PageUpV bets 420
willy3006 calls 420
CheckinMyAA raises to 2,345, and is all in
PageUpV folds
willy3006 calls 1,925
CheckinMyAA shows [Kc Ac]
willy3006 shows [5d 6d]
*** RIVER *** [5c Ah 2c 5h] [8h]
CheckinMyAA shows two pair, Aces and Fives
willy3006 shows three of a kind, Fives
willy3006 wins the pot (5,890) with three of a kind, Fives
CheckinMyAA stands up

Yuck.

I did win a couple 26$ tokens. I just finished donking one off in the 17K. Ugh did I play that thing badly. Would have helped to get more than 3 premium hands over 2 hours.

I still plan to recap the 10$ KO win. I'll do that soon.

Thanks for readin'!

3 comments:

OhCaptain said...

I know the feeling about being card dead. I didn't see AA or KK all day saturday or sunday.

I felt bad about your comment on my blog. I think you miss read it or I didn't express it clearly enough. I wasn't calling you stupid, but myself. The arrows are pointing at my line.

I'm sorry for any confusion.

Ken C said...

haha its all good. I didn't take offense. I shoulda known you were on a heater and folded ;)

OhCaptain said...

I'm on the bubble for the Mookie right now. I love this tournament.