Sunday, February 10, 2008

Rough start at the 10$ level

But some promise... I tried my hand at an 8$ tier 1 sat, and busted on a 60/40.

Played two 10$ 45 player SNGs. Went deep in one but bubbled the final table when I got down to 8BB and started pushing and eventually ran KQs into QQ.

I got 13th in the 90 player 10$ deep stack turbo. That's where I had most of my fun. I got 3 KO's early on route to a big stack, but then ran dry for 4 levels and suddenly was less than the average stack. I tried opening whenever it came to me unopened (which wasn't much) and lost a key hand in a BvB encounter. Don't have the HH, but it went something like this:

Hero is in the SB with Ac4c, blinds are 200/400. Hero has ~6000 and villain has ~3700. Hero makes a stealish looking raise to 1200, hoping to get a resteal shove out of villain. Villain calls. Flop comes 7c 6h 5c. Hero shoves, BB hesitates, but calls and shows 8h 2s... So I have 17 outs (none of which I technically need) and he has 6.. Of course there's a non-club 9 on the turn, and the river bricks and I'm crippled and never truly recover. I was a bit surprised at how he played it. And it's frustrating when someone calls your semi-bluff shove with a worse draw and gets there while you don't. Winning that hand would have gotten me right back into contention with about 25 left.

Oh well.

On another note, home game part 4 saw me bust out around the middle of the pack both times. Once with the worst hand, once on a bluff. I had two big hands early in the first game and had a nice stack, but proceded to run drier than the Sahara in summer for the rest of the night. Frustrating, to be sure. It's been 5 games without a cash in my own game... Seems bad, but the players that are showing up these days have better and better game. It's fun in that it makes it a genuine challenge.


Outta here for now. I'll be able to take a few more cracks at 10$ tournies before I scale back.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: