Monday, February 18, 2008

Shout Outs, MATH debut, LJ runs goot

Roll: $621 (no more tokens atm)

Not a ton to report today. First of all, a shout out to self proclaimed avid reader "slamjam027" from the CP forum for a big score in a 10$ 6-max tourney that he apparently entered after looking me up on FT and seeing I was playing one. It's flattering for a microdonk blogger like me to know that this wordy bag of drivel I call my blog has helped some people. So I guess I'll just have to keep doing it! Dang.

After 3 weeks of anticipation, I finally got to play in my first MATH tournament. I was absolutely riddled with cards from the get go, but failed to get paid well for any of them. Then I get moved to a table with LJ. She's raised my BB the orbit before and I had made a successful resteal. I'd also seen her overplay a flopped top pair in a limped pot where she sold a fair chunk of her stack to a BB special two-pair. So she tries it again, and here's the results...


Full Tilt Poker Game #5312005366: Mondays at the Hoy (38875755), Table 3 - 20/40 - No Limit Holdem - 22:18:56 ET - 2008/02/18
Seat 1: dnasty13 (2,590)
Seat 2: a104l9 (4,005)
Seat 3: ChapelncHill (3,685)
Seat 4: pvanharibo (2,545)
Seat 5: chitwood (2,295)
Seat 6: CheckinMyAA (2,880)
chitwood posts the small blind of 20
CheckinMyAA posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CheckinMyAA [Ks Qs] Loretta's favorite hand. Hasn't been good to me lately.
dnasty13 folds
a104l9 folds
ChapelncHill folds
pvanharibo raises to 100
ChapelncHill: tyty whew
chitwood folds
CheckinMyAA raises to 320 Standard.
pvanharibo calls 220 Ooh, she means business this time.
*** FLOP *** [9c 7d Kd]
CheckinMyAA bets 560
pvanharibo raises to 2,225, and is all in
Since she'd overplayed a TP earlier and this was consistent with a drawish play, I figure I'm either a big favorite or a very slight favorite.
CheckinMyAA calls 1,665
pvanharibo shows [Ad 8d] Yikes. I'm only a 54% favorite :(
CheckinMyAA shows [Ks Qs]

*** TURN *** [9c 7d Kd] [As] ..They never wait for the river, they always get me on the turn.
*** RIVER *** [9c 7d Kd As] [Jc] ..I don't resuck and that's that.
pvanharibo shows a pair of Aces
CheckinMyAA shows a pair of Kings
pvanharibo wins the pot (5,110) with a pair of Aces


After stealing like a mother for a few hands, here's how it ends.


Full Tilt Poker Game #5312093124: Mondays at the Hoy (38875755), Table 3 - 25/50 - No Limit Holdem - 22:25:17 ET - 2008/02/18
Seat 1: dnasty13 (1,830)
Seat 2: a104l9 (3,925)
Seat 3: ChapelncHill (6,620)
Seat 4: pvanharibo (5,160)
Seat 6: CheckinMyAA (465)
pvanharibo posts the small blind of 25
CheckinMyAA posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CheckinMyAA [Ks 8h]
dnasty13 folds
a104l9 folds
ChapelncHill folds
pvanharibo raises to 5,160, and is all in
CheckinMyAA calls 415, and is all in Insta-call
pvanharibo shows [Th Jc] Another 55/45
CheckinMyAA shows [Ks 8h]
Uncalled bet of 4,695 returned to pvanharibo
*** FLOP *** [Qs Ts 2d] Bleh.
*** TURN *** [Qs Ts 2d] [As] Oooh, 4 flush?
*** RIVER *** [Qs Ts 2d As] [Td] I have a nasty habbit of never pulling off a resuck.
pvanharibo shows three of a kind, Tens
CheckinMyAA shows a pair of Tens
pvanharibo wins the pot (930) with three of a kind, Tens
pvanharibo: gg ..lucksack.
CheckinMyAA stands up
pebble78 sits down
pebble78 adds 3,480

In all seriousness I don't hold any of this against LJ. She played them exactly like I (or anyone else, I think) would.

So my recent trend of losing in spots where I have a slight edge continues. This horse ain't winning races this week, which is unfortunate since I have so much time to play.

It'll turn around soon. Hopefully before the end of reading week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shoutout crush, rough luck in the MATH. GL on the tables!

Ken C said...

ty sir! (see next post! lol)

Loretta8 said...

=) the sucko magic is wearing off on her

lj said...

was wondering who you were last night since i didn't recognize your name. congrats on your first math you smack talker!

was def wishing i'd raised that limped pot where i flopped top pair. stupid T3 in the bb...