Monday, May 26, 2008

Cash Venture Continues, Bankroll Adds a Figure

Today my bankroll did something it's never done before. It became 4 digits.



This probably isn't much for a lot of people out there, but for me, this is beyond huge.

Needless to say, I'm finally getting my big hands to deliver consistently, and I've even seen a little bit of the plus side of variance after enjoying about a 4500 hand drought where I couldn't put anything together.

Here's a few more pics.

The hands that have won me the most:



Some of my stats. (I run ~21/16/2)



And of course one of those sexy profit graphs.



Hands 0-3000 is basically me getting my feet wet and seeing a nice early run. After that, disaster struck and I was mired in variance, marginal situations, and ocassionally bad play. I kept my composure though, posted a bunch of hands on CardPlayer, and right around 8300 I got my mojo back. I stutter again at 8600 when I suffer 3 suckouts in a span of 10 minutes (22 < AA on 6628, river is a 6, AA < 88 AIPF, AK < AQ AIPF). One of those was for a half stack, so it was bearable. I was so pumped up around hand ~8450 where I was back to break even. A little more patience and I finally ride some big hands and bad opponents for the last 3000 hands.

I've developed a system for tagging donkeys and I always hunt for em now. If they're especially juicy I write down their names and search em when I can. Opponent selection has helped me out a TON over the last 3000 hands. I can often find the right person to pay off my big hands now.

I promised myself I'd play 25k hands of 25NL before I moved to 50NL, so 17k to go!

Thanks for letting me brag a bit.

- Crush

7 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Congrats on the brag post! They are the most fun to write.

Fuel55 said...

How much rake have you paid in this period?

Ken C said...

320$. I'm getting 90$ in rakeback.

Joe P. said...

WTF? You're a cash game player now. Disgusting.

JK. Keep up the good work.

-JP

Ken C said...

Ya, with the one exception of the 10$ KO my tournament experiences have been monkeytilt-inducing.

whatyouknow45 said...

congrats dude

djs1070 said...

Congrats on hitting 1K.

Keep it up.

Done with MTT's for now?