Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Disappointing final tables

Made a great run in the same 3$ turbo I took down a few days back the very next day (this was two days ago now). Unfortunately I picked up two big hands that dropped me on my ass and I was out in 6th for a minute cash.




Tonight I final tabled the 3$ KO




I got the perfect balance of cards leading up to the final 18 players and never got my money in worse than a 60% favorite, but as usual went totally dead. As much as I'd love to blame not winning on a lack of cards (my best hand for the last 150 hands was AKo once, then AJ twice), I really didn't have to go out when I did (in 5th). The chip leader in the SB was a calling station (45/5/0.5) and he'd already outplayed me for a few pots. I very briefly took the chip lead by repeatedly taking pots from other players, but then I just kept giving it back to him. It was incredibly frustrating, and my frustration got the best of me in the hand I busted on. I might share later, but it was pretty brutal, and he played the hand to perfection.

Oh well... 5th was worth 70$. Only got ~4 KOs. The only way I can ever seem to build my stack is to run huge steals/bluffs against players I know will let me get away with it. One of these days I'll get on a heater in the right time... One day..

No comments: