Monday, June 30, 2008

A Curious Question

What Poker Forum, if any, do you frequent? I'm a regular poster over at Card Player, and I know most of my traffic here is generated from my sig link. But some of the people on my reading list (i.e. Fuel, JJOK, OhCaptain, Cayne, PokerFool, Hoy, 2BA, Recess, etc) who may or may not have stumbled across my blog aren't on the CP forums. So, do tell?

If you're a CP poster and I obviously know it, there's no need to respond, obviously.

Also, I just gotta give a shoutout to OhCaptain for a suggestion he made a long time ago. His advice was when going thru a bad run, the best cure is to play Guitar Hero until your fingers bleed. Needless to say, I've been playing a LOT of guitar hero lately, and have evolved to the point where I can pass ~30% of the songs on Expert and have 5 stars on most of songs at the "Hard" level. What a great game.

4 comments:

OhCaptain said...

I've never done much forum reading, I should probably start. I'll be checking it out tonight.

I picked up Guitar Hero Aerosmith yesterday. Oh boi!!!! Glad the advice is working!

RaisingCayne said...

I used to spend a lot of time over at PocketFives, but haven't perused any forums in a long time. After realizing that the average forum thread can make even the most half-ass poker blog post look like pulitzer worthy literature, I stopped putting up with the illiterate gibberish that's prevalent at most poker forums. Weeding through forum threads can uncover the occassional gem of entertaining or provokative discussion, but I've found it wasn't worth the time and hassle involved with witnessing the zillion repetitive bad beat whinings, and the monotonous identical hand history brag posts. I've found perusing poker blogs much more entertaining.

Ken C said...

I agree there can be some tilt-inducing idiocy in forums, but I find that a lot of the discussion (even simple, routine bits) keeps me on my toes, whether I'm the one posting the problem, or responding to someone else's. My time at CardPlayer has dramatically changed my game - I like to think for the better.

Ken C said...

obv