Sunday, March 9, 2008

8$ Token SNGs are My Bitch

Seriously, I'm destroying these things the last week and a half. I'm 7 for 8 (with no 6th places), and I haven't broken a sweat in any of them. It didn't take long to adapt a very, very simple strategy.

When people say the play in these things is attrocious, they're really not kidding. When we got to the FT, there was one guy with a huge stack. I OPR'd the table, and he was ~10%. He showed why pretty quick. With almost twice the chips of the next player, in 4 hands he went busto.

Hand one: 22. He raises, BB calls. BB shoves QJx flop, and he CALLS?? Loses to KQ
Hand two: K3. He limps, a ~small stack shoves in the blinds and he CALLS?? Loses to AK
Hand four: KJ. He limps along OTB, BB (new big stack) shoves, and he CALLS?? Loses to JJ.

Just gross. He shoulda just gone for a walk and hit "Sit Out".