Saturday, March 1, 2008

More Tokens - Running 'Better'

I'm 3 for 3 now this week in the 8$ SNGs. So that's nice.

I actually got a really good session in tonight. I think I was playing well for the most part, I found my new favorite play, sucked out a few times, got sucked out on a few times, and so on. My "new favorite play" which isn't really new at all, but worked tremendously tonight, was to bet/bet/check on boards where the draw obviously missed. I did it twice, both with an overpair to the board where the OESD/FD blanked. Both times my opponents shoved into me and I beat them into the pot. Some people are so predictable.


My suckouts included, among other things, flopping quads in what looked to be a hand on its way to cooler town.

Full Tilt Poker Game #5452607795: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (41490534), Table 4 - 120/240 - No Limit Holdem - 3:28:04 ET - 2008/03/01
Seat 1: firefox00 (1,960)
Seat 2: cjgogo (19,575)
Seat 3: MsMissyX (3,060)
Seat 5: propmod (24,505)
Seat 6: Groundhob (4,395)
Seat 7: jekeke (12,345)
Seat 8: CheckinMyAA (1,660)
CheckinMyAA posts the small blind of 120
firefox00 posts the big blind of 240
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CheckinMyAA [Qh Qd]
cjgogo folds
MsMissyX folds
propmod has 15 seconds left to act
propmod raises to 720
Groundhob folds
jekeke folds
CheckinMyAA raises to 1,660, and is all in
firefox00 folds
propmod calls 940
CheckinMyAA shows [Qh Qd]
propmod shows [Kd Kc]
*** FLOP *** [Qs Qc 7d]
*** TURN *** [Qs Qc 7d] [7s]
*** RIVER *** [Qs Qc 7d 7s] [6h]
CheckinMyAA: :O
CheckinMyAA shows four of a kind, Queens
propmod shows two pair, Kings and Queens
CheckinMyAA wins the pot (3,560) with four of a kind, Queens


This was at the final table of a 45 man SNG. I coasted there, and the reason I got there is because of the two monster stacks. They made quick work of the field. Now that's running goot.


Suckouts against included my A8 losing to AK on an AJ8 board where we got the monies in. He turned a K. TT lost to KK in another tournament. Both these beats were stingers because I was sitting on a top 25% stack in both tournies with 100 players or less remaining when they happened. I would have easily gone on a massive run had I won either. But I guess I was meant to just win tokens today. That's okay with me. The roll stayed pretty static (~550$), but now I've got 3 tokens, which if u count em sits me back over 600. One of these babies is reserved for the MATH and my first shot at the TOC next week. The other two will probably get used on a 17K / 28K / 24K or something like that. Maybe the 11,500 KO... *shrug* We'll see.


Today could have been a lot better, but I'm just feeling very relieved that I was actually winning my share of showdowns and had a few big hands that held up. There were also three points today where I had OESD + FD + overcards. Three times! Guess how many times I hit? ...Yeah, zero. All 3 times, money was in on the flop. Even if you count that I was once against AA, I dodged a collective (quick math, I'm tired) ...like 50-some outs. That's intense.


Thanks for reading, and bearing with me through my drought.

No comments: