Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Comments Needed! One Hand of Interest.

Talk to me! haha. According to google analytics, there's been about 150 hits in the last week and not one comment! *sniff*

So in an effort to turn this around, here's a hand that you can all crucify me for!

At this point we're three handed, the money bubble broke only a couple hands ago, and I have a bit of a chip lead. Both my opponents seem to be pretty standard players. Haven't got any notes that are out of the ordinary.

Full Tilt Poker Game #5520289892: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (42011033), Table 1 - 40/80 - No Limit Holdem - 1:13:16 ET - 2008/03/06
Seat 1: imaliveru (3,900) : 27/14/0 over 40
Seat 7: CheckinMyAA (5,460)
Seat 9: ReiLeao (4,140)
CheckinMyAA posts the small blind of 40
ReiLeao posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CheckinMyAA [Kd Jc]
imaliveru has 15 seconds left to act
imaliveru raises to 240
Obviously everyone's opening ranges have gotten wider at this point. I'm out of position, but I don't hate seeing the flop here vs a possible button steal. Who's reraising here? Folding??
CheckinMyAA calls 200
ReiLeao folds
*** FLOP *** [Kh 5d 4c]
CheckinMyAA checks
imaliveru has 15 seconds left to act
imaliveru bets 380
CheckinMyAA calls 380
I thought about raising, but the board was pretty dry, so I figured I'd give him a chance to fire again.
*** TURN *** [Kh 5d 4c] [Tc]
CheckinMyAA checks
imaliveru has 15 seconds left to act
imaliveru bets 1,080
As somewhat expected, he fires again. The pot is officially large, and I still have TPGK ... will he fire again if I let him? The way he's going at it, I'm either majorly raped by AK, in which case I'm prepared to go broke. But I could also be against A-rag, AQ, AJ, AT, maybe a mid pair? KQ could have me in a bind too.
CheckinMyAA calls 1,080
At this point I'm sort of praying he checks the river because I'm done putting the money in myself... I'm gonna call the river, obviously, but I'm a little reluctant about it. Thoughts on that?
*** RIVER *** [Kh 5d 4c Tc] [Qc]
CheckinMyAA checks
imaliveru bets 2,200, and is all in
CheckinMyAA calls 2,200
I'm either effed or crushing a bluff (I think?)
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Coming soon...

I kinda hate how I played this hand to be honest, but I'm not entirely sure where I could have fixed it. Do I reraise preflop? I do like my c/c on the flop, since I think that flop misses a ton of his OTB opening range (which is probably at least top 30 + some air). Raise the turn, maybe? Help! All your comments and flames are welcome and appreciated.

Cheers!

- Crush

6 comments:

tonymark01 said...

I would shove the turn personally, but i suppose a fold should be found on that turn bet

Fuel55 said...

Why do you play in an information vacuum? You're calling the river anyway so shove the turn dude.

lj said...

depending on the raiser (is he raising every button) i might be tempted to rr here pre, but would probably just call. once i flopped top pair i'd play it pretty strongly. i probably raise the flop, get a fold, and feel bummed that i didn't get more value. once you call the flop, i am definitely shoving the turn, given how much money is in the pot, how much is behind, etc.

Ken C said...

Yeah, lack of information was really killing me here. I liked my hand, but if I raise at any point, what hand calls me that I beat? K9-K6? A blanked ace that doesn't like money? Unless we're raising strictly to get a fold.. But the board is dry, so is it that bad to let another card come off and give him another chance to bluff? ...Since it seems we're content to go broke with this hand either way..

Fuel/LJ are along what my normal train of thought for this hand would be, but it never hurts to try a different perspective. So if the above is brutally misinformed, please help me understand why.

Keep it coming!

tonymark01 said...

that turn card makes a lot of holdings want to stick around to see a river. charge your opponent for the opportunity.

OhCaptain said...

The part that bothered me the most was assuming your pair of kings were the best hand. "Letting him fire again" assumes that. We have no evidence that they don't actually have you beat.

While KJ is cool and all, it sure isn't the nuts.

After the turn you have high and low straight draws and a flush draw. Not exactly where you want to be. With top pair and a decent but not great kicker.

I'd be more agressive early and try to establish where you are in the hand. I don't see how you can't shove the turn.