Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The beat goes on

Ending Bankroll: 311$ [ Down 38$ ]

I tell ya, when it rains it pours. AA dumped me again, putting my winning % win AA below 70% (WTF??). AA vs AA and he made the 4 card flush.. *shrug* I actually made a pretty good run in one tournament yesterday (4$/180) and we were down to the final 30-some. I was sitting on about 11k (8k-ish average) and I was in the BB with AK. OTB had 7000 infront of him and made it 1800 to go (600 BB), the SB flat called and I elected to take the flop since SB had smooth called earlier with QQ and I didn't feel like proposing a race yet. This was probably my mistake on the hand. If I'd jammed here it might have ended up differently. Long story short the flop came K-rag-rag with 2 diamonds, to which villain in the SB checked. I fired 3000 in to which he insta-minraised. I know I have him beat so I throw in the rest of my chips and he calls, showing KQ diamonds. I pump my fist knowing I'm ~2-1 to take this [EDIT: Hmm, I learned something today. Without the OTB, I was a very small favorite. With the OTB, I was actually a slight dog. Oh well...]. The turn bricks and the river is the 8 of diamonds. SB was the only player at the table that had me outchipped. Any other player and this hand would have only hurt me a bit.. Certainly not put me out. I couldn't help but steam for a bit as this now puts my losing streak at a 30+ tournament run, with loses (including my loses in my careless ring game ventures) to 100$.

I think I went on tilt a little bit in the middle. The tournaments I lost yesterday were all places where I got my chips in a favorite and lost.

If I'd won that had I would have been the absolutely dominating chip leader for the entire tournament. And the last 4 times that's happened at that point of the tournament, I run to the final 3.

Next time...

I really hate flushes. I never seem to make them (since I'm never foolish enough to draw to one without the odds) and they break me far too often.

No comments: