Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I wish I could play more

Just played the most exhausting STT I think I've ever played. 5$, 9 players.. Built up a nice chip lead with a good run big A's and PP's that held, took 4 of the first 6 out myself and was sitting in the final three with 8,000 chips against two shorties. I'm figuring this is going to be a piece of cake.

Once it gets to three-handed, I start firing all over the place. These guys were perfectly content to fold to any raise, fold any unfavorable flop, and so on. So while I'm urging the blinds to go up faster (100/200, no ante yet) I get myself into a little pickle.

I've played against some pretty tight players but I've never seen anyone call down AA on a harmless board. I had A8 in the SB and raised, BB called. I lead at a blank flop, BB calls. I lead at an 8 on the turn, having made top pair. Again he calls. The river blanks and I put him all in. He calls and flips A's. I mean come on. Oh well, power to him, I guess it worked on me.

So this play continues for 20-30 minutes, I get caught by KK with AJ in my hand and all of a sudden I'm the short stack. Being the incredibly patient person that I am (laugh), I kept my aggressive play up, doubled up, and immediately found two nice hands to knock out both opponents. 78 makes a straight to beat T4 that allowed me to hit. And a few hands later 55 holds off A3. GG.

I can't stand playing against super-tight players in the final two. I got a little lucky to pull it off tonight, so next time I might ease up a bit while I hold the 9000-2000 chip lead and not insta-call all ins with AJ... Against super-passives anywho.

2 comments:

Loretta8 said...

Crude, you're a real champ.

GL with the blog crush, I'll link it in mine.

Ken C said...

Cheers loretta! CRUDE: Best I can give you is a shot at me in the 5$ weekly.