Friday, July 27, 2007

What's going on with Limit?

Ending Bankroll: 327$ [ Up 24$ ]

So I tried playing some more tournaments. Busted early in most, late in two. My AA streak ended. It held up, but for a very mediocre pot. To hell with it, I'll take it!

So after busting out of ~8 tournies I decided to give something else a try. Cash NL hasn't been my thing, but I used to play limit live and I thought it would be neat to check how it plays online. So I sat down to a few tables of .5/1$ limit, and before I know it I've turned 40$ into 80$ and recovered all my loses on the day. I went on to pick up a bit more, but I was surprised at how easy it was to make money.

That said, it certainly doesn't have the profit potential of tournaments - at least at the limit I'd be comfortable playing. We'll see. I want to try some more tournies now that I've had something positive happen for the first time in about a week. See if I can turn this nasty SNG slump around.

One thing I just have to share, I was sitting at 4 tables and at one point I had AA on one table, and KK on two other tables, all at the same time. All three held up. That's a miracle for me .. nonetheless in a fixed limit game. So I'm feeling better about my luck again.

No comments: