Thursday, July 12, 2007

Shoot-outs

It may be beginners luck, but I've found that I have great success in shoot out tournaments. I've played 4 shoot outs. Twice. Once 1st, once 3rd. Considering my 1st and 3rd were good for 300$, my ROI at these things is ~900%.

So I'm digging deep tonight and taking a stab at the 2$, triple shoot-out turbo on PStars that gives two tickets to the Sunday Million. I've decided I very badly want to take a crack at the 6000 player field of the Sunday Mill. If anything to see how badly I get run over, being a completely low limit player.

First hand of the tourny AQ pushes pre and gets called by A4 (???). AQ holds.

2nd hand of tournament the player that just doubled up plays aggressively again, this time his KQ top pairs and gets destroyed by AQ. Pots are small since. Take one down on the flop with A9... Three players are LAG, one is loose passive. I'm card dead and have only played the one hand.

Haha. Well that ended fast. Decide to play 67s in the CO. My raise gets called by SB and BB. Flop is 6 high with two hearts. I protect my baby top pair and bet 1.5x the pot. BB calls. Turn comes a 4 (3rd heart) and I've made a 7-high straight. I bet, BB thinks and thinks and shoves, I call (whoops?) and he shows me T2 hearts. GG. Thats officially my swiftest exit.... Jynxed myself? *shrug* More to come.

No comments: